Logo (hight/width) in brand guide is still locked

Continuing the discussion from NEW: Brand Photography, Override CMYK, and other improvements

Actually I am having a lot of trouble as there is no padding when I am exporting logos from baseline for profile pics of different social media platform etc. I was reading in your article that you already added this feature.

can you please explain me where can I find this feature so I’ll be able to set the paddings before exporting and even better If I could set the paddings myself and made my logos square (if they are already not square)

That fix referred to the size of it in the brand guide. Before all logos were locked at the same size, making some logos too small when the brand guide was viewed. Looks like you found the relevant wishlist item at Export Image (Logo Padding/Spacing) though, so that’s good.

2 Likes

thanks for the response @gilli , and yeah I was ransacking the forum and found out that you may have fixed it already.

Is this feature already in your pipeline or you are looking for more votes to consider its implementation? (possible ETA?)

1 Like

It sounds like a useful feature so I think we will be adding it at some point. But probably in the form of export preview where you can crop and adjust, which is a bit more complicated to implement. I can’t give any ETA though.

2 Likes

I see. Maybe simply using pica.js or jimp will be more than enough to achieve this.

Both are independent js libraries and will be easier to implement instead of going for complex Canvas preview implementation. Anyways, looking forward to see it through :slight_smile:

2 Likes

My preference would always be for no whitespace around a logo file that’s exported. But there are many free/easy image editors where someone could add blank space around a logo. I like Photopea.com, for example.

3 Likes

Without adding any white space around your logo, how would you correctly upload them on media platforms and for profile pictures?

As per what I struggle with is that it always works better when we have a logo with padding already added in the image and then we will crop it exactly to the size which is required for the picture of the platform.

Any thoughts, @lbdesign ?

1 Like

Open the logo PNG into Photopea, which is free. Expand the artboard, save, then upload to your social media account.
Or Photoshop, or any image editor. You can add space around an image in pretty much any image editor. Or make a new blank image that’s bigger, then paste your PNG into that. There are many ways to do this.

3 Likes

I see, thanks

but isn’t it a another layer of complexity?

1 Like

IMO, the brand manual area is a repository for logo files, not a design tool.
Most logo use cases require the logo file to NOT have extra whitespace added around it, because it makes the logo difficult to position and align, particularly in web projects.
There is a Design Editor in Baseline, where you could create a blank project, import your logo, and make a square image there. But the “logo vault” is best kept clean, IMO

3 Likes

got it. thanks for your input

1 Like