Granular control over Raster and Vector to allow clients to have access to

Support other formats does it support cdr, ai, psd, pdf, svg & raster formats jpg, png, gif etc

Allowing us to have a granular control over what format we want our client have access or download only raster, vector or even both

Other formats for where? Downloading logos or downloading designs? Or for uploading logos?

Hey Gill,

Both
As we may have client who has raster logos and need a guidelines to be created.

An in other has we may want to provide the client a high res raster file. Png or jpg.

I’m not planning to allow raster files as sources for the logos, and the simple explanation is because it would not allow us to do what you ask for in the second line, “provide the client a higher res raster file” since the size would always be limited by the original file uploaded, which often are not that big at all if you allow it.

I’ve just written a more detailed explanation for why we don’t here: Why we only accept vector files, not JPEG or PNG | Baseline

If you have any questions after reading that, definitely send them over so I can update the article :slight_smile:

I do plan on adding the download in other formats though, it’s already in the roadmap here: Download logos in more formats, such as PNG, and PDF

I have been in this profession for more than 21 years so I am aware of the differences. Also provide Raster or Vector depending on what the client is willing to pay.

I have a feeling your tool is just pulling info from the SVG coding and it might not be capable to pick any information from a raster file. Am I correct?

As I am sure you can limit or compress the file size and do the writeup for it.

Awesome! so glad to know you will be adding more formats please provide us with a control to switch the options what formats we want to allow the client to download. :+1:t3:

Yes you are right we are pulling the color codes from the SVG, so that would also definitely be a lot harder for raster images, although not impossible but it would be tricky to evaluate which colors to use since rasters use antialiasing techniques which would give us a lot of different colors.

But yeah I want to stick to my guns and try to force people to use SVG as the source. That being said, I don’t see any reason why I couldn’t allow the brand owner to control which version the user can then download, and let you limit it to PNG unless they upgrade the deal they have with you.